Choose Language:

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board  
  Discordiin mars - click to chat!  
  Home Recent LoginRegisterHelpSearch Map Achievements Database Quizzes   

Voit piilottaa tämän mainoksen kirjautumalla sisään.

Kampanjatori

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic
What's this? (Read 38497 times)
Radikus
NES-Retro Administrator

'Nuff Said!

Helsinki - Finland

Live: Radikus
PSN: Radikus
NNID: Radikus

Re: What's this?
Reply #30 - 02.04.2009 at 13:07:22

Saimou wrote on 02.04.2009 at 13:04:49:
That's called racism. We can't conceal important knowledge from someone just because he's Swedish. Sad

Enough. Smiley

Achievements: 20
Beersider24h MarathonHC Movie CollectorCat PeopleNES-Retro ChampionSocial AdventurerAchievement ArtistNot Too Old For This ShitChurch of NES-RetroRetro Dealerbassokoira's Long Con VictimKeyboard VeteranClothed by NES-RetroItem AcquiredFirst Successful SaleTypical Apple UserBeer Mario Kart TournamentNES-Retro FailboatMedal of HonorDonated to AVGN

I used to think that my life was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
WWW 47361 Radikus Radikus Radikus Rad1kus 4 ur9969391 Radikus Radikus Rad1kus   IP Logged  
Bemari
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 02.04.2009 at 18:48:50

Rad, are you going to transtale nesretro.com completely in english any time soon?

IP Logged  
Radikus
NES-Retro Administrator

'Nuff Said!

Helsinki - Finland

Reply #32 - 02.04.2009 at 19:52:31

Quote:
Rad, are you going to transtale nesretro.com completely in english any time soon?

I don't think so, way too many pages.

Only if someone pays me. Tongue

Beersider24h MarathonHC Movie CollectorCat PeopleNES-Retro ChampionSocial AdventurerAchievement ArtistNot Too Old For This ShitChurch of NES-RetroRetro Dealerbassokoira's Long Con VictimKeyboard VeteranClothed by NES-RetroItem AcquiredFirst Successful SaleTypical Apple UserBeer Mario Kart TournamentNES-Retro FailboatMedal of HonorDonated to AVGN

WWW 47361 Radikus Radikus Radikus Rad1kus 4 ur9969391 Radikus Radikus Rad1kus   IP Logged  
Tharn
NES-Retro Master

Knight in diminished armor

Reply #33 - 02.04.2009 at 20:24:38

Radikus wrote on 02.04.2009 at 19:52:31:
I don't think so, way too many pages.

Only if someone pays me. Tongue

Google Translate to the rescue!!!

http://www.nesretro.com/index2.html :
Quote:
Tervetuloa NES-Retromaailmaan, aitoon ja alkuperäiseen suomenkieliseen NES-sivustoon.

Translation by Google Translate(tm):
Quote:
Welcome to NES-retro world, a genuine and original Spanish-speaking NES site.

Huh  Shocked

Well, that didn't start too well  Grin

« Last Edit: 02.04.2009 at 20:26:59 by Tharn »  
Achievements: 3
Keyboard VeteranFirst Successful SaleNES-Retro Failboat

WOW Power leveling - the reason why we all sometimes think "What happens next?", "Why can't I think?", "Why am I always given the difficult problems?"
  IP Logged  
Radikus
NES-Retro Administrator

'Nuff Said!

Helsinki - Finland

Reply #34 - 02.04.2009 at 20:26:06

Tharn wrote on 02.04.2009 at 20:24:38:
Well, that didn't start too well  Grin

Close enough! Cheesy

WERY
NES-Retro Novice

Göteborg - Sweden
Reply #35 - 03.04.2009 at 21:44:19

I would say that translating an entire forum into english is no good idea. A forum mostly got its country's ordinary language and it should be if people should be able to learn another language when moving into the discussions on a foreign web site. Now you cant just learn any language that quickly but then it is good to have these international sections while keeping the rest as it is.

Beside that international members who does not speak can still post an english thread in the other sections and then just keep the thread in english for the joy of the foreign member.

If there is going to be more languages I vote for chinese just cause its the greatest language in the world

How to get more people here from other countries?

Maybe you got to show off a little more with many good highscores and such stuff. Take a look at the greatest forums in other countries and start making comparisons. If you are really good at somthing it might attract colectors and gamers from other countries.

The Duce

Brother of Bros
  IP Logged  
natedogg
NES-Retro Ad Infinitum

You are never too old
to play

Kuopio - Finland
Reply #36 - 03.04.2009 at 22:39:01

WERY wrote on 03.04.2009 at 21:44:19:
I would say that translating an entire forum into english is no good idea. A forum mostly got its country's ordinary language and it should be if people should be able to learn another language when moving into the discussions on a foreign web site. Now you cant just learn any language that quickly but then it is good to have these international sections while keeping the rest as it is.

Beside that international members who does not speak can still post an english thread in the other sections and then just keep the thread in english for the joy of the foreign member.

If there is going to be more languages I vote for chinese just cause its the greatest language in the world

How to get more people here from other countries?

Maybe you got to show off a little more with many good highscores and such stuff. Take a look at the greatest forums in other countries and start making comparisons. If you are really good at somthing it might attract colectors and gamers from other countries.

In this case, i believe translating was part of the joke.  Wink

But, still, posting an inside joke to a new FOREIGN area is not OK.

People are just being retarded at the beginning. ( those of us who are retards, to be more exact  Undecided )

BTW: i like your avatar!  Smiley

« Last Edit: 03.04.2009 at 22:41:34 by natedogg »  
Achievements: 8
Clothed by NES-RetroNot Too Old For This ShitBeersiderbassokoira's Long Con VictimKeyboard VeteranMedal of HonorInsiderDonated to AVGN

Special Power Glove programs on game pak enhance other joystick games.&&&&"TEH MOST BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY TROUGH DARKNESS THAT WILL KIRVESTÄÄ MEIDÄT KAIKKI! HAILATAAN HAILAUKSEN JÄLKEENKIN, HAIL HAIL HAIL AND KILL!" CODEath @ kännissä.
215494   IP Logged  
Bemari
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 03.04.2009 at 22:40:43

WERY, I was talking about this site, not about the entire forum.

IP Logged  
natedogg
NES-Retro Ad Infinitum

You are never too old
to play

Kuopio - Finland
Reply #38 - 03.04.2009 at 22:48:38

Shiiieeettt...i'm drunk and i didn't read the whole page.  Roll Eyes

I thought that he was commenting about mafia fottor or something...

I blame alcohol.  Smiley

Clothed by NES-RetroNot Too Old For This ShitBeersiderbassokoira's Long Con VictimKeyboard VeteranMedal of HonorInsiderDonated to AVGN

Special Power Glove programs on game pak enhance other joystick games.&&&&"TEH MOST BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY TROUGH DARKNESS THAT WILL KIRVESTÄÄ MEIDÄT KAIKKI! HAILATAAN HAILAUKSEN JÄLKEENKIN, HAIL HAIL HAIL AND KILL!" CODEath @ kännissä.
215494   IP Logged  
WERY
NES-Retro Novice

Göteborg - Sweden
Reply #39 - 03.04.2009 at 23:41:36

Hehe well I know you wer'nt to serius when talking about translating all of it Wink

natedogg: Yeah and it was taken from this site to. Found it in user CP but I might go for another one later

« Last Edit: 03.04.2009 at 23:43:51 by WERY »  

The Duce

Brother of Bros
  IP Logged  
Sera
NES-Retro Elite

大木博士

Turku - Finland
Reply #40 - 04.04.2009 at 17:33:14

This is indeed very nice and refreshing to have foreign users on this forum. Magnificent idea, Rad. Now if someone brings up NES or any other retro gaming device or - for apparent reasons - alcohol and drinking in forums I visit daily, I'll shoot him / her with a link to this nest swarming with drunken retrophilics.

WERY, welcome to the forums. Feel special... and stuff... for being the first active user abroad speaking English with us Smiley

« Last Edit: 05.04.2009 at 10:57:45 by Sera »  
Achievements: 12
24h MarathonTypical Apple UserSocial AdventurerAchievement ArtistNot Too Old For This ShitNES-Retro FailplayNES-Retro FailcabinNES-Retro FailboatChurch of NES-RetroKeyboard VeteranInsiderDonated to AVGN

Sera vaihdossa Kiinassa || IG @autonkorjaaja
WWW 226596   IP Logged  
Ezkimoukko
NES-Retro Ad Infinitum

Tere perestroika

Oulu - Finland

Live: Ezkimoukko
PSN: Ezkimoukko

Reply #41 - 05.04.2009 at 13:29:53

natedogg wrote on 03.04.2009 at 22:39:01:
People are just being retarded at the beginning. ( those of us who are retards, to be more exact  Undecided )

What do you mean "to be more exact"? I thought everyone on this board was retarded...

But yeah, welcome aboard WERY!

« Last Edit: 05.04.2009 at 13:30:24 by Ezkimoukko »  
Achievements: 6
Not Too Old For This ShitChurch of NES-RetroShadow ManCat Peoplebassokoira's Long Con VictimInsider

"Jos kiellät syöttämästä ampiaisia, minä tapan sinut!" - Pauli Vikman @ Alibi 1/2005
255682 profile.php?id=100001167374641 Ezkimoukko   IP Logged  
Radikus
NES-Retro Administrator

'Nuff Said!

Helsinki - Finland

Reply #42 - 05.04.2009 at 13:37:06

Welcome to nesretardo.com

I just misspelled the URL when I bought the domain.

« Last Edit: 05.04.2009 at 13:38:37 by Radikus »  

Radikus
NES-Retro Administrator

'Nuff Said!

Helsinki - Finland

Reply #43 - 16.04.2009 at 22:15:43

Today I've seen people from USA, Sweden, Germany, France and Latvia browsing the boards.

Too bad they are too scared to register. Smiley

« Last Edit: 16.04.2009 at 22:16:43 by Radikus »  

natedogg
NES-Retro Ad Infinitum

You are never too old
to play

Kuopio - Finland
Reply #44 - 16.04.2009 at 22:47:27

People, register, please.  Smiley

215494   IP Logged  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic