Choose Language:

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board  
  Discordiin mars - click to chat!  
  Home Recent LoginRegisterHelpSearch Map Achievements Database Quizzes   

Voit piilottaa tämän mainoksen kirjautumalla sisään.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic
Doubts about SCN releases and presentation to forum (Read 4901 times)
k0414
NES-Retro Novice

Doubts about SCN releases and presentation to forum
08.02.2018 at 18:48:07

Hi, im K0414 and I am from Spain, I collect mainly NES software and Hardware, I present myself here because I did not see a specific thread for that (at least not in english).
I started buying at tradera a few years ago and started to appreciate the SCN scene, it is one of the more interesting ones for me.
I always had this doubt, I would like to know if the Yapon releases are official Nintendo licensed releases, I mean if Nintendo sent them the games like that with the VHS like box and the manuals or they sent them the games in the retail version and Yapon made the boxes manuals and inserts?
I also would like to know if anyone could share with me a list of the SCN releases with photocopy manual (the swedish and the finnish ones ¿are there more apart from those 2? like.. ¿danish or norwegian?)
Thanks in advance if anyone has a doubt about ESP releases I would love to try solve them

IP Logged   Firefox 58.0  X11
FilmNet-äijä
NES-Retro Elite

M.S.X. = Music Sex eXtacy

PSN: Rouhija

Re: Doubts about SCN releases and presentation to forum
Reply #1 - 10.02.2018 at 08:18:05

Hello and welcome to the forum!

For the list of SCN release with photocopy manuals can be found from the thread: http://www.nesretro.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1409840554
I think most of those in the second list came with Finnish photocopy manual. Theres some images of certain games in the thread.
(A4 suomimanuaali = photocopy Finnish manual)

Some of those came with actual manual only in Finnish

Yapon had official license for renting from Bergsala (official Nintendo importer from Scandinavia). So they bought the games from Bergsala and made the rental boxes. The cart and manual were same than in retail but the cart has Yapon sticker. Usually also localised photocopy manual was included in the rental boxes. There were also rental hardware.

Others can correct my mistakes. Cheesy

Achievements: 17
PlayStation Network Level 15+Pokémon MasterNES-Retro FailplayBeer Mario Kart TournamentCat PeopleShadow ManSocial AdventurerNES-Retro White Glove SocietyAchievement ArtistNot Too Old For This Shitbassokoira's Long Con VictimKeyboard VeteranTypical Apple UserNES-Retro FailboatInsiderMedal of HonorDonated to AVGN

Shadowman - Sopivasti seksiä ja jännitystä.

viaton kirjoitti:
Ei oo, en oo tohon nessineräilyyn sillee lähtenyt mukaan.
Hengaan täällä koska pääsee risteilyille ja mökeille messiin sekä joskus kallioon pilettämään.
WWW rouhija 1   IP Logged   Chrome 64.0.3282.140  Mac OS X
k0414
NES-Retro Novice

Re: Doubts about SCN releases and presentation to forum
Reply #2 - 11.02.2018 at 23:57:18

Thanks a lot @FilmNet-äijä I always had the doubt with Yapon and thanks for the list also, I can now add them to my personal archive of NES PAL releases!!

IP Logged   Firefox 58.0  X11
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic